Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Task...

I have a new task for living simple...

I am cleaning out closets... I started with the utility closet down stairs, it too is VERY small, and barely holds quilts, blankets, sheets, towels, and personal hygiene products.  I have it all organized now, but have to move on to other rooms.
There is no closet in the bathroom, this room too is VERY basic, very small and ... well needs help for updating standards, but it works.  The ONLY storage in the bathroom in the old open mirror.  This is not large enough to hold mouth wash.  There are no places for tooth brushes, so we live out of our toiletry travel bags.  It is not a bad thing!  Thus we are always ready for a trip, emergency or a night out at a moments notice.   I have most of my loose items in zip lock bags labeled.... lips,eyes, skin, cheeks etc... it works great!

But... the issues of closets comes in when you consider I am a woman who rarely gets rid of clothes and my closet is well ... smaller than your average hall / coat closet!   This can be disturbing!  So this is the next task I will document on this site.  Stay tuned as to HOW I do it, What I decide to keep or get rid of....

I am thinking I may have to take... "the French approach" to my clothes.  What is "The French approach"
Simple,
Elegance,
Feminine,
and Quality not Quantity...
all things very hard for we typical Americans who want everything... but this is just the beginning of my thought process.

1 comment: