Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yesterday was a LONG ( demanding nonstop type)  day... after working such long hours ... only 13 but I came home to a down west wall in the horse pasture.

It is not a big deal but it required me stacking about two wricks of wood to keep my horses in.  I know ... you are questioning my statement.  I have no REAL FENCE on the west wall of my horse pasture.  In creating my pasture I had to clear a 25 year old ignored lot.  So MANY many trees, so much I could not afford to have any more hauled away, so I started stacking it!   We cut the trees into 2 foot lengths just too long for anyone to walk off with and directly put it in their stove.

It has now been there for 4 years, it is weathering well, but it is only poplar wood so it is VERY LIGHT.  How Poplar was ever classified as a hard wood I have no idea... Yes, it is the softest of the hard woods but still classified as such.

Navarre had apparently been pushing on it all day and cleared an area large enough for both of them to walk through side by side, but he remained in their pasture.  So I re-stacked... taked to a neighbor... covered my potatoes a little more, pulled some herbs for the Inn. Headed home and fell madly asleep.

So now I need to keep an eye on my west wall a little better than normal... a daily walk to the barn will work!

I can only hope your life is simple and worthy of YOU.

My love to the world
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment