Friday, September 20, 2013

Fall approaches.

The sun is trying to peak through the fog.
The house is quiet. The windows open.  The birds chirp in and outside the house.
The only noise are the cars driving by.
A perfect morning.
It is this time of the day I miss my Nannie, Pawpaw & Aunt Gale.
I drink my coffee straight no calories!  But what feeds my soul is how my mind takes me back to a green Formica covered door.  Cornet coffee cups, and one heavy china mug clinking down on the table. The sounds as each are at different full and empty levels.  How instead of each leaving one by one there were hours at that table. We all stayed till there was a finishing point for the day.
While it was not the Cosby show where all was perfect in 30 minutes but its was a source of honest bouncing boards, real caring ears that would listen to anything; very little judgement and a WORLD of support.  Who has that today? Where has it gone?   I can only hope I get do do that for my nieces and nephew.
I live so far away!
I so want to figure this one out but no more bouncing board no more talks, coffee, or that special hand that comes from across the table!
Fall ... fresh colors lots of fog.  Cool breezes, and  having to be my own bouncing board.  I can only figure this is going to be a season of growth for me!   I am having to admit it for fall and I'll have to try to perfect it this winter by myself.  Oh dear I have to be the grown up.  I have to be a helper instead of the one helped. 
Seasons , life roles... it is a change!  It is scary!  But it is what it is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment