Thursday, April 28, 2011

Historical Weather.

While so many have been lost, injured, or simply lost everything they ever owned; we again are of the lucky!

Being in the list of LUCKY people dodging the wrath of Mother Nature, I can only  appeal to your heart and ask you to take note of what is important to you.

Yeah... yeah... yeah... everybody says they can do with out ... But your not! You collect! You keep up with your neighbors, you still get things  society thinks you should have.    Have you EVER put a freeze on your family?   NOTHING new for a MONTH for starters... people learn so much from REAL experiences, and they become more attached to what occurs to others if a parent has taken note and driven that nail home!

I remember as a child... a large family having a hard time with ? everything... it was a slow time in finances of US history and some families really struggled.   This large family was at our house and we went to the back yard and picked corn, enough for them to take home, feed their family of 8.    I remember then... thinking I know that was going to be family food for us and extended family, so for my parents to offer their share to someone else meant a lot.  It hit me that they must have less than us.  This at a time when I was being made fun of for my shoes etc... like kids will do.   A lesson learned, a lesson I NEVER forgot!

I get all the family mementos! Although the US is a VERY young country and few of us have our history back to "the boat" our beginnings of the land.  Photos, trinkets, ?  for me it's a mug I took from my Paw Paw when I moved to California... I stole it! I knew it was wrong.. but I needed something as a security blanket! and that man was mine!  I called and told him once I was 3,000 miles away! Knowing he would never come get it!  To this day it is a prized possession for me!   It is cracked, chipped, and of no real use now; (from moving so many more times) BUT it is a piece of my life I LOVE and would search for in the aftermath of a tornado.  I use it on a daily basis to hold loose buttons... my rings as I wash dishes etc... but it has a function in my home!

I have very little... because I need no more! I live in a tiny house (1930's ) by todays standards, but I do NOT need any more room.  Having a small house keeps me in line!  It keeps me from collecting things that are of no use.  I have certain vases I use, and they stay out with or without flowers, branches, and often HOLD my paint brushes for a daily function.

The fact these people have what is on their back... AND LUCKY if they got out with ALL their relatives!
They still have to pay back those loans on the now rubbish of a house.
They still have to take care of what the insurance doesn't pay off on their cars.
They do not have those shoes they had to get to complete an outfit... Or that purse that was... "to die for" a must.

IF you can't prepare your family by doing without in honor of those whom have lost so much...
Then at least give away ( to a reputable charity) things you don't use anymore.
Talk to your children about other children who no longer have toys, clothes, or a dinner table at which to sit.
and explain to them how Nature keeps its own time!

No I am not saying you have to scare your children!!! I can't stand scare tatics... even in religion I believe it has no place ...

But reality... and having a plan... is important.
Where should your children Hide in your house? How do your children get OUT of your house if necessary... NOT the door people... that is normal... we are talking emergencies here!
Where should your children meet up with you in the event of a fire in your house,  Why should they NOT go back in? etc...
These are all things we must discuss; but hate to do so...


Considering we have no children, for us! it is How and Who is going to get the birds in their travel cages.... etc... But it all needs to be a plan down to what car you drive away in.

Please do this!
Please do the basics no one else to teaching these days...

My parents always planned for the worst... When I was a child from 5 on... It was to climb out your bedroom window  don't worry about the window or screen... just get out... and meet us at the maple tree in the front yard.  DO NOT go back in... and do NOT leave with anyone except your or Nanny or PawPaw.... simple but a life saver all the same.

Basics people... back to the basics... These tiny things not being taught are things that can save your life... and the life of your children AND grandchildren.  Do it as a family ... Do it in each house if necessary... BUT PLEASE DO IT!

This is your chance to have a prime example of why a family needs to pull together... be a family and plan for the worst but may it never happen to you!

Everyone in my thoughts
To those whom have lost so much, may your tomorrow be brighter each day.
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment