Saturday, April 30, 2011

Its a new day.

While it is VERY late for me, I have had such a wonderful day.

I got several things on my to do list done, and have set a foundation for getting more settled tomorrow.

Today started with Bella... the dog in my very first post.
Then she and I moved on to playing with the birds.
Letting the horses out for pasture...
back to the house to make room in the truck bed for trees..(moving gravely... old planters broken no longer of any use...as well as all the plastic I had in the bottom of my containers. (milk juges... soda bottles etc... ) .. Yeah...
Going to get my trees I paid for yesterday...
Taking the slowest curviest roads home so not to wind burn my new Japanese Maples.  three in all... two red weeping... ONE of the prettiest things I've ever seen... One is white and green leaves (verigated) with PINK tips... Yea... yeah... don't expect me to remember names of Trees... when I have a hard enough time with humans... (once I see a face... it is burned in my mind... but names... FORGET IT!)

Filling up on Diesel... not even 1/2 a tank and well over $60.00 wow... no towing this week!
Getting to the barn, getting the horses in, brushed, and ready for a ride... As I promised LL and GG I would take them up and down the road today!   and really... SO HAPPY to do it!   I did however forget my gloves... I have become such a wuss. I don't do much without my gloves these days...  But we had SUCH a delightful ride... rides... LL went out with me twice!  Large... blisters on both palms... and both ring fingers! what a laugh! With all the work I do you would think they stay calloused, but ... soft as can be... and now blistered...
I then got the garden tilled again... BUT I have much bush hogging to do tomorrow! Garden area.. / fruit tree area... one of the tiny pastures... (attracting too many bears... YES bears!) that is another story... other blog!  as well as the barn, and wooded area... too much rosabunda (what we called wild roses at home)

Jerry has promised to assist me in changing out the attachments... So as this is the SECOND public "outing" I have made about it... I can only hope it happens... it takes me FOREVER to do it alone!

My to do list for Tomorrow... Plant Tomatoes plants... but plant more seeds...
Plant, more corn, peas, squash, egg plant... and what ever else I feel like taking care of!
Peas are up... but only a few corns are up? not sure what happened there! but an entire row 3 feet wide awaits more corn, beans, pumpkins, squash etc...

I am so excited about getting a little in the garden done...
A little in the pasture
A little in the woods?
I am hoping to start on the blueberry patch by next weekend...

While I posted on my facebook last week I had hoped to start on my rock wall, Too much is getting out of control, and so much needs attention, the wall will have to wait! BUT I am picking up larger rocks each time I walk to the barn... In with a rock OUT with a shirt full of weeds!

I could only WISH I had time for a late ride up the mountain tomorrow... We shall see!   Wish me luck~
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment