Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cold ?Weather in May...

Around here you are not suppose to plant tomatoes until AFTER Mothers Day.  Today is a prime example why.

It is not 50 degrees today, wet, cold ,and just uncomfortable.  A good 20 degrees below our average high for this time of year.  It never fails... as soon as you put everything out, something happens.

But having said that so negatively ... this weather works wonders on pastures! They love all the sun with out all the heat! This should make some local hay really good! Wish me luck getting my hands on it.   I had 100 bails expected for the last two weeks.  I am very thankful my guy has hundreds and hundreds of acers to cut, as what got rained on he will keep for his cattle and I didn't loose anything... YET!

I have several back up plans, but mother nature is not very happy thus far so I can only worry about getting my hay till the day I have it safely in a barn!

Otherwise... life is good, animals have been sick but getting better.  A new course of action is in place for the issues, and we will keep an eye on the happenings so next year is not as rough.

I think that is what I enjoy about life.  Everyday is a learning process, some days are simple, some days are rough, but all are about expanding your world of knowledge and relating to local happenings... like weather, hay supplies, and what the weather did to the hay, how well it will sustain my animals over winter... etc...   it never stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment