Sunday, July 1, 2012

It was a history teacher. Mr Graves.

It is funny how we each have a teacher that touched us one way or another.

For me it was my History Teacher Mr. Graves.  I haven't a clue of his first name, I have no way of finding him, All I know is he got me to really think about "the rest of the story"  I had never thought of leaving Joelton by the age of middle school.  BUT as his class opened my eyes, and my mind I knew... I knew I would like to see more of the world and find out the rest of the story.

History was never a subject I liked,but as I traveled and found myself on ground I knew was referenced in the bible;  I could not help but to get the travel bug.

I find I enjoy being challenged by other cultures, throught processes, and experiences than what I find at home.

I find I expand myself each time I return as I bring back something with me I never considered before. It could be a new food, a new problem solving thought, a new way of dressing... my point is the world is endless if you allow yourself to grow! If you challenge yourself to do something different!  Even if it is a challenge of DOING less, GETTING less, and eventually WANTING less instead of feeling like you have to keep up with "the jones'" ( or your neighbors or society as a whole)  I found this to be exceptionally true as I see those with less are often the most happy as a culture, people, and as a family.  Having less is more of a bond for them to rely on eachother, share, and consider those around them.

So in short this man was the one that support the encouragement of my parents to be who I am, to be proud of it, to OWN it!  Traveling is a part of who I am a part of what I have to do, a part of what pushes me forward to learn more each day.

I'm a little different than most, but that is ok with me... only because I am ok with who I am and know I will never fit into a what society expects.  I upset a lot of people, I piss off a lot of people ... BUT they all know where they stand with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment