Wednesday, August 29, 2012

to be fair.... I made out another check last night...
over $200.00 for Horse Shoes... But normally I have a carbon fiber and clear resin poured into my Vanners front feet as a preventative measure from foundering.  NOT doing this made the shoes about $80 bucks cheaper ... Not to mention the fact that we delayed the shoeing for several weeks saving me some money but it was a medical reason as the Vanner had an abcess in the heal and they take a LONG time to clear out IF they clear out instead of moving into the heal bone....

At any rate... money saved... but well spent as well.  
My horses are my largest expense. 
It is the point of having to be responsible, not cutting on health requirements of anything under your care.  Do what you can... but do what needs to be done!

AegF

No comments:

Post a Comment