Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday 082812 got some food! 

While I am trying to do everything as cheaply as possible I thought you might like to know what I am spending my money on.

a bag of carrots / devided for uses...
a bag of celery / to be used for several things.
a bag of potatoes / lots of things...
10 servings of yogurt
two dozen eggs ... one dozen for Jerry ... one dozen to boil
a small container of sour cream
one whole chicken
7 cans of tuna (on sale... so for storage)
2 servings of salmon on sale... (in freezer)
three boxes of breakfast bars  (on sale or would not have gotten them! in storage)
two cans of cream of mushroom soup (one for storage)
two cans of green chili's  (one for storage)
two bags of cheese... on sale or would have gotten only one.

yes I would have gotten more if I had it in the PLANNED budget.. I'm just trying something new. I'm wanting to spend 50 or less every week.... lets see how this works... documented!

all for less than $50.00 for two.. this week.

no milk... I cook with powdered milk, cheaper in the long run get in bulk, some in cabnet, some in freezer!
I have rice (brown, red or black) (rarely use white)
I keep Dried Red Chili Peppers in containers in the cabnet...
I also keep dried... mushrooms in the freezer to use for lots of things...


I will cook the chicken in the crock pot
de bone it...
set aside part of the white meat (put in freezer) for chicken salad (ONE breast will do)
set aside part of the dark meat (for chicken pot pie) splitting other breast between these two bags..
use the rest of the dark meat for a Mexican casserole ( really its just one huge chicken enchilada)

1 can of tuna (albacore) last us two days... so that is 14 days of lunches... not all at once, but it was on sale and you have to stock up on non perishables when you can.  (i'll stash most of them) using only two for this week.

While Chicken is what I got today... last week I got Hamburger... devided it three ways and had ... meatloaf... (with leftovers frozen... will use in chili later next month! ... we got tired of it! )
Speghetti still in the fridge... so we will not eat chicken every day this week...
and one more pack still in the fridge to do what ever!

I cook on Wednesday and Saturdays... we eat left overs the rest of the time...
my hubby eats ONE egg for breakfast... I may grab an egg for lunch? or a snack.
I use the yogurt for snack, meal, what ever... but more than enough for a week.

I do dried beans of ALL types, pastas (even NG), rice's... rice noodles, etc all in mason jars all the time... but we are talking PENNYS to get these for WEEKS of food... so ... they will be used and replaced- re stocked in the future..

Oh well so what did you spend this week?



No comments:

Post a Comment