Saturday, November 10, 2012

I am thinking to the most I can do to save myself time and money is to do more at my house.

So I am already starting to throw out scraps just outside the potting shed so not only can I start cold weather items as soon as spring arrives, but I will be able to throw out my water on them and keep them as needed each day.

My biggest thing is to start collecting scraps and wood from the estate each time I go in the truck.  I rarely ever take the truck now a days as the diesel is just too costly for everyday driving.

So I will not be able to afford soil so I will have to bring in manure, tree limbs, start on my kitchen scraps (after they are boiled and made into veggie stock of course) I already dump most of my coffee and tea grounds into my house plants but I can start to share with the newly thought out area off the back porch.

Our back porch is after all a south facing area! Thus I shall dig up the flowers in the area as soon as my back allows and start to cut back and plant more usable things for next years off set of financial issues!

Chickens!

I would love to have chickens at the house... I think I can turn the potting shed into a chicken shed but we shall see how money and time allows.  I'll take photos for my next post and let you all know what is going on in my strange little mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment