Wednesday, November 7, 2012





my new way of thinking... 

The above is a link to my Pinterest and my new way of thinking... I am seriously considering these thoughts for my new way of life!

While I do not live in a large home, I live in a tiny stone cottage with no insulation! Yep so my electric bills are easily over $400.00 a month in the winter!

I have no deciduous trees for protection in summer, no evergreen for winter protection.  I am on an open lot on a 5 lane highway ... but I do have a tiny lot on flat top mountain that may allow me to start over in this desperate time.

Water is expected... and drilling starts at $9,000.00 with no guarantees!
Electric temporary hook up 4 years ago was over $2,000.00  when I requested one to build my barn.  It did not happen and its not going to happen now!

So I have several things in my life that have to be addressed...

HELP...
and a farm hand that I can allow to live on my place for free and he or she take care of my horses 5 days a week while allowing them to have another job earn money and have a life!

HORSES...
I have been requested not to put my hay back where it is today.  So I must get a container for their hay and get them settled ASAP.

MONEY...
What am I going to do for all the money I need to survive AND to make my life easier? I have no idea! 


Questions... what do I do right now? Well it's easy!  Right now I got a nice cattle fence solar charger (larger than I needed) and it works well.

Water... my kids are on roof water! I have several filters on it! They drink it fine... and thus far I have no real issues with the water unless someone else assist me and does not put things back the way I had them.  What is the issue with me being OCD.  Well it's not that I am so OCD it is that water freezes in a hose pipe!!!! people don't care, don't think about tomorrow, and do not drain the hose, cover the nozzle and it leaves me with nothing!   Thus it pisses me off! but ? if someone is living on the estate and they can see the issues they cause they will learn from their own mistakes and stop being so stupid / careless about it!


I have gold fish! as of today they are in my house! yep in the birds room, as the birds needed more humidity in their room for the electric heat this winter... and I didn't want the fish to have to freeze to death or hibernate in the cast iron pond!   CAST IRON TUB is really what it is... not below the frost line and thus harder on the fish than a plastic fully submerged type people have that look nice!


homeinabox.blogspot.com  please check out this blog! it is a wonderful site to get information.

No comments:

Post a Comment