Thursday, November 8, 2012

This PHOTO does NOT belong to me it is from UrbanFarm Magazine on line...



I have said it on my other blogs... but it is high time I mention it here now.

The one magazine I have found to be on MY LEVEL is Urban Farm!  Please at least go look at their site... urban farm magazine  While I grew up around a farm... (one mile from my maternal grandparents house)  I have little to no access to any type of equipment.

I do have a 68 gravely that was recently upgraded to a 73.  I have all the attachments to go with it OTHER than the manure spreader I desperately need.  BUT I am not a wrencher and I can not keep it running the way it should.  My largest issues is having to clean the carburetor every time I want to try to start it... and now... I have a male/female attachment that has disappeared and I can't seem to find it anywhere on line.  THUS ... I have no equipment when I need it!

Urban Farm magazine is one of those things that is written and made for people who have only a shovel, rake, and hoe in order to make life better.  As where other modern day magazines I rely on for information tend to use animals (horses) or have at the least a small tractor.

I would LOVE to have a small tractor, but I would expect more from it than a small machine can give... And my dearly worried husband is worried I would kill myself on a tractor.  Although I've driven the old grey/red/blue FORD tractor owned by my Aunt, tended to by my PawPaw sense I was 12... That was over 20 years ago... but I give him the benefit of the doubt considering the reality is we do not have the money to purchase a tractor out right new or used ... it is out of the question.

So ...
Back to this wonderful magazine.

November/ December issue is on the stands today!
Sprouts ... how easily you can grow them!
Pickling...
Fermentation Tips..
Kombucha... not a large percentage of the population know most of these subjects but... they are all long used historical devices of extending, making, and using natural nutrition in a diet... The basics that have been lost over the years but need to be re-enacted to make life better in the long run, and once applied to a modern life will cut your food expenses.

It also consist of Urban Vines!   and making city Wines 

Not to leave out SMALL Productive animals for Urban living but animals that can be kept in a small back yard for milk, meat, eggs, or better soils...

Just take a look and see how this tiny magazine can improve your life your choices and your wallet!

THIS photo does NOT belong to me... it belongs to Urban Farming Magazine Online version...


No comments:

Post a Comment