Thursday, March 21, 2013

a little done... and a little more to be done.

Well it is just after 8am and I've cleaned the oven, had one pot of coffee, cleaned out from beneath the sink and then scrubbed the kitchen floor by hand. 

Sounds like a lot but my kitchen floor is old linoleum and is smaller than most closets of todays standards.  So while it doesnt take me forever but today I wanted it all VERY clean.  After 8 months of no real cleaning; all I wanted was the cleaning water to be clear before I stopped and that only took cleaning the floor FOUR TIMES!

Yes all natural ... with brush, sponge, and rag on my hands and knees.
It always starts with boiling water.
Then Borax and natural soap.... to get the hard stuff...  had to do this twice today!
Then on to my vinegar...
Then.... finally on to only boiling water ... I did put peppermint oil in it! Just to ward off any mice that wanted to visit my kitchen.... I switch this up with Orange Oil for roaches!   HEY it's an old house and preventive is the best medicine.

I have birds so I can't use a lot of chemicals.

Oh well on to the real chores... Letting SweetPea out for a few hours, Doing Shipping and doing the same to the Living Room Floor as... I have pet sitting Birds this week along with three horses down the road to care for.  SO ... at least they will allow me a little money for the kids. 


of course I started this post... and lost internet connection so it will be posted hours later... but posted all the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment