Sunday, March 31, 2013

Asparagus

I planted Asparagus years ago.
I've let it go for three years now... this year I get to eat from it! yea

Normally these are the first foods to pop up come spring... but not mine... not a sign as of yet.

But I did actually get it all weeded out, got the red honeysuckle trimmed and under control, not to forget the rose bushes all pruned back into a topiary shape and got all the suckers cut off around the base.

I got a lot done, but just can't wait for all the food to start coming in and allowing me to eat good and cheap. 

The trees are bursting and look like they will need even more trimming. 



So my plan tomorrow is to cut out the Winter Jasmine from the road / drive way area and move it up the mountain so I can train it to flow down the hill like flowing water. So I can work my Asian garden around it; the witch hazel tree; and the boulders up the hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment