Sunday, March 24, 2013

Magazines and Books

Oh how I love the smell of a book.
BUT what do you do with your books after you are done?
If it has good research, ideas for projects, or gives me support with being suffient I have the hardest time getting rid of it.

I have squares of books hidden in them.  I have books stacked in areas, each with their own catagories.  Living roofs, shade plants, native plants, options instead of invasive plants , companion plantings or beautiful gardens to eat from.  How can I get rid of these things I use?  I sometimes put them ALL together and search through them for a specific.  Sometimes I reseach on line and then search out the hard copy.  I hate to waste paper printing something out that I already had. 


Don't get me wrong... I go through each and every one and I tear out all the advertizements that I don't care about.  It makes the magazines much smaller... pages and pages of things from the back.  I use these throw away pages on the edges of my plant areas.  NOT around my plants but on the edges where the grass starts to move back in quicker and easier than other places that are being worked more regularly.

How do you throw all yours away?
What do you do with them when you do?
What do you do when you need the information or want the artical again?

I need help! 
No I am not at a hoarding point, but it is at the point I can no longer allow the space to keep them.
I use them...
I use them especially when the sun is gone in the winter and I need something bright to help me plan and dream of a better garden or another way I can work to make my barn more effecient, healthier for my horses; or how I can add more animals without adding a lot more time.
What trees do I need to add next
What bushes do I add for more food, what soil do they need, what ammendments it require.  What are the pest problems? 

I know .... I know... but searching on line is not always the easiest or the most correct way to research things.  So much crap to go through on the internet as where I pick up a book or a magazine I can use the internet to check the references and see where they take me. 

Any ideas out there?
I'll stop my rattle!
But this is where my mind goes when I try to narrow down my stacks each year.

HELP!
My love to the world... And Thank You ahead of time!  Anything is a help.
AegF

No comments:

Post a Comment