Monday, March 18, 2013

Well here I am again...
As I sit in a dark room typing on this computer...
I formulate a plan.

I took insurance classes, passed, got a job and was working over 100 hours a week... spending money and making nothing for 8 long months.  Someone my age can only dedicate so much energy to the promise land when in fact not being at home cost me more money in my grocery bills.  LOTS more in my gas bills, car maintenance, and clothing (cleaning) bills.

So here I am getting the house back under control.  Getting the animals settled once again. And TRYING to find yet another job that I can do the typical 40 /40 plan... yes... I left out the last forty as I do not have forty years left in my working life.

SO...
My plan for the day.
go let one of my horses out to eat pasture to save me some money.
in the two hours I allow her in pasture I will clean the barn and cut horrible wild rose brush from around the estate.  Making my time worth while. 

After that I plan to come home do shipping/ billing/ and take care of the business in my house.

I then plan to get the birds out... caging them one by one in travel cages so I can start to clean their room.
My birds are healthy sooooo.... like chicken poop being one of the best natural fertilizers I will add their mess to my newly created raised beds at the back door so I can start putting a little food at the back door and use my dish washing water as water to keep them alive each day.

What goes into these beds.... Well for the past few months... all my coffee grounds... some bags of feed that got left in the back of my truck when a friend borrowed it for moving months ago.... and any scrap from my kitchen that doesn't contain fat.  Why no fat you ask.... because worms do not like fat!

I want healthy soil for my two tomatoes plants I am planning... my carrots I want to plant for the fall and a few more things I want to keep my kitchen going as long as possible with no more money than necessary.

I have saved my change for years and instead of using it for a travel trip... ( I normally use my change for spending money when we travel)  I will use it to purchase plants for eating this year! All a fair trade I think!

As the sun starts to rise I must get to my chores.  I will check in as much as possible as I look for new work, as I pick up my camera once again and as we ALL struggle a little more than we once did with the economy being what it is.

My love to the world
AegF

No comments:

Post a Comment