Saturday, March 23, 2013

Half way through.

It only took me forever, but the living room is now clean top to bottom.  I threw away several bags of things I just wasn't using, didn't need and were taking up space in my life. 

Antique Bird Cage on the front porch... and getting its touch ups to be sold ASAP. 

The only thing I didn't get cleaned out was the supply cabinet next to the front closet.
I am not going to worry about this until I get through the first floor of the house. 

The Bathroom is my next task... the crome is rusted and bleeds down the antique tub.  It is a perfect tiny bathroom.  Only a medacine cabnet for storage; litterally nothing else in the room so we live out of travel toiletry bags.  After the bath then I move on to the birds room as soon as I can.
It is so nice having clean floors.  What you have to understand is I am at the barn several times a day, so it's not mud I'm tracking back into my little house it is much more! ha ha ha...

When I get to the birds room that means more natural fertilizer for my plant beds I just made at the back door.  I have the bird cages lined with horse litter.  What you ask.... Yep it is the same stuff as the natural cat litter but in a horse size.  Cheaper too I may add.  If you look into any of this just know you have to stock up when Fall comes around.  They use these same size pellets for pellet stoves so they only make the little so many months a year.  I get mine from several different suppliers.  Tractor Supply and Southern States and a local dealer as well.   In a room of three birds it perfectly keeps the smells down.  It allowed me a much longer time in between cleans while I was working.  But I was starting to get desperate to clean (like I have the other rooms...) all the same. 

As soon as I can I'll be getting out the camera again.  I'm just so focused on scrubbing floors, baseboards and walls all in the opposite order but all the same.  I have not strapped on the camera much less allowed my hands such delicate work thus far.

Yes I will stop talking about all this stuff soon, but it is after all the perfect timing for a good spring cleaning....

So what are you getting rid of?
What are you keeping and Why?

ME? OMG my worst issue at this point is my collection of books and magazines.  If anyone has any idea on what I can do PLEASE LET me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment