Monday, April 1, 2013

new plantings

Well I got to work in the dirt today.
As Lilly was brushing Navarre, Sweet Pea was out to pasture so not to distract him.  We also tried something new tying him to a place where he is not allowed to eat and his hair would not get into his hay.

We have had so much rain as of late my water container over flows but is still sure to go dry if we have a dry summer. I desperately need to figure out the next water container.  But again that will require a job in order to purchase parts I will need.

Aside of purchasing a water container I could start digging the ditch of which the next under ground piping would go.  But that would also require me less time on the net applying for jobs.  What little time I spend here is mostly a copy and paste situation where I can write up things off line and then post again once I get a connection, so not to waste wireless time.

Today I dug holes...
Got two hosta dry roots planted
three hucera dry roots planted and have several more things to go.  It looks like a very strange arrangement from the ground BUT I wanted to make sure nothing was blocked when viewing from the deck...  So very messy looking planting that I hope to fill in as time progresses, plants mature and multiply, eventually filling in the entire little area. Leaving me a place with low maintenance in the end... Wish me luck!!!!!

Shade plants are something I have never had to research until we got this little lot.  Growing up one only worried about food and full sun.  Other than the Lily of the Valley that Aunt Mary had, that mother put under the deck, that is now probably mowed over by the new owner not paying attention to such a fragrant, lovely, small reward as the fragile lily of the valley I treasure so much.

I had a friend in St Louis, that I rarely hear from these days.  She is chic I am country. She is smart I am simple. She is an amazing woman and I miss talking to her.... but alas communication is a two way street.  SHE had amazing knowledge of shade plants, I wish I had her brain to pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment