Friday, April 5, 2013

Life in a panic

Last night, after such a rough day for the horses my caretaker instincts took over and my worry button turned into a panic attack. 

I went to bed last night at my normal time (always early) but I was back up and wide awake by 11:30pm so I took an over the counter sleep aid.  With all the panic it never kicked in.  I was back up by 1am re-doing my resume, playing with new cover letters constructions.  I think I finally fell asleep about 5am my normal UP time.

What triggered all this?
The cold, the fact that if the horses got SERIOUSLY sick I would not have the 12 to 15 thousand dollars for surgery.  It all just started adding up it was a crap ball that rolled down hill picking up speed and collecting more issues as it rolled faster and faster in my mind.

My eye lids are heavy this morning, my body aches, although still on my first pot of coffee life is going to be slow today.

  • I have applied to more jobs on line this morning.
  • I have an electronic transfer of funds to confirm to the Netherlands today.
  • I have plants that need to get in the ground at the house.
  • AND I am going to call a friend that said he would help me with my resume and cover letters and get a new grounding for the next week.

As far as the horses...
  • I need to get worming paste! And may as well make the trip pay for itself by getting feed in the same time.
  • I need to talk to a hay guy about possibly purchasing hay and keeping it in his barn for the year if possible!  
  • I need to call the vet again as I have a list of farriers but no phone numbers.
  • I am going to go to the barn of a friend and see if I can't take the horses there for a simple trim until I can find a farrier I love and trust with my "kids" (horses)
The day is going to be beautiful regardless of what ever the weather does.
I am better today, for taking the time to listen to my body last night, make a list that will ease my fears, and setting forth a plan to make sure it does not happen again.


Wow... no it's after noon and I have at least gotten my shipping, billing,and paperwork done.  I have also completed the transfer.  I have checked on the horses, gotten them their hot mash for the morning. Checked over them well enough.  Went to see that friend and he agreed not only to help me with my situation but to show me some starter work on keeping the horses toes trimmed.  Got the kitchen straight again, and just now sitting down for my breakfast... yes... after noon but I eat small meals and I'll eat again in a few hours.  I'll call ups in a moment, I'll call the vet yet again , I'll call the hay guy last. 

The sun is out... and I am about to go get the worm paste, horse feed, and I supose I'll pick up some more garden soil for the raised beds. 

I'll wait for the rain to evaporate for a few days before I bucket up some well composted manure for the raised beds and the garden ground area.  LIFE doesn't wait... but does allow one like me to at least plan a little...

Laughs all around.
AegF

No comments:

Post a Comment