Thursday, April 4, 2013

Yep it's April and I'm all bundled up in insulated overalls good hiking boots I use for the barn and plenty of layers to even sit in my own home.  I even had to put the boot driers back in...

The ice has finally melted but the horses have suffered so I gave them an extra feeding today, extra oil and extra hay.  A horse can only do so much once they are wet through and through in such cold...

It is 7:30 as I type this and a mere 37 degrees not what I expected for the day, never reached the high predicted of 42.  It has been gray all day!

BUT all those plants I put in the ground are wet and happy! I think they will be just fine and be all the more sweet for such a struggle today!

I can not wait for the weather to be more of a norm.
I can't wait for mild spring days where I am not so worried about my horses.

I have several plants on my kitchen table that need to be planted.

Asian Cabbage
purple kohlrabi
and three of everything I planted at the barn as well.

I also have black tomatoes .... Cherokee and German... ( they are on the table for a while) I only got them because they were cheap plants AND around here when you can plant them all the heirlooms are GONE!   Go I will have to put these in pots and transplant them yet again AFTER MOTHERS DAY for my area!   Yep!

The Frost date for where I am is normally after Mothers Day! So just one more plant to pamper along with my lemon grass left over from last year and my canalilys I use in the water pond.

I tried saving as many plants as I could in the birds room but... there was not enough light for most of them to survive so.... I will need more BIO plants to clean my water once again AFTER the frost date... just one more thing to have to save for!

What is my plan for tomorrow?

Dig 6 holes for Raspberries... I only today figured out where I wanted to put them.  My original plan was put off for a year due to the guys I had helping me set up the raised beds I was going to put them in.   BUT all the better for yet other berries I will get next year!   Onward we move!   Food is my main goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment