Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Old two wheel gravely.

OK...
I know I am a little slow when it comes to electronics THUS I enjoy OLD machines.
Things that are so easy to work on everything you would ever need could be put in a tool belt and be fully supplied for life.

I was shown grace by my father when he offered me his old gravely years ago after Jerry and I purchased the tiny six acres I call our estate.  Sense then my old machine has worked NOT worked, worked and NOT worked more than anything else.  It is the gas! It is the fact that I have to rebuild the carburetor each time I go to start it.  What ever... but I can not afford a tractor, and the tiny tractors I may be able to finance will do little to nothing compared to this old two wheel gravely I have.

Dad had an old 68... I now have an old 76... BUT I have all his accessories, the only thing I do not have is a manure spreader which would be nice but not necessary.

As each year when by my frustrations grow with this machine... it is a love hate relationship.  When it runs I love it! When it gives me trouble, makes me take everything apart a hundred times I get pissy about it.   BUT ... it is a life saver with six tiny acres and no one else but me.

YES at times I get some guys to help me... but they know nothing about the property, the machine, what I dream of and are not ? well lets say... the most experienced with either property or machines.  And one that is; is always wanting to rebuild a part of my machine I do not want him to touch.  It is OLD it uses packing grease NOT oil.  Even old parts I have rebuilt, or had to repurchase after an accident the "man who knew it all" had it full of oil... I am so glad I opened it up before I attached it!

So I had been trying to find a part the guys lost taking the machine apart when I wasn't around.  Even had a metal detector guy come out to try to find it.  No luck.

So I had looked and looked on line.  No part.  NO I do NOT know the name of it.... That is most of my problem.  I went through parts sites, I went through every book I could find.  But somehow Jerry got up tight about helping me... we didn't see eye to eye... (what's new) The only thing I had not done is to call every phone number on line I could find about the old thing... So today I started calling everyone.  Most of the numbers were disconnected one told me I was crazy, I had no idea what I needed... Then I found a guy named Roger who understood when I explained all the attachments are the same sizes and it was connector or adaptor thing I was looking for.  

He asked me a few questions, he asked for a few pictures.  and didn't think I was crazy!

I sent him three emails with photos...
and I can't wait for him to call me back with a part name, # or better yet a PRICE! and shipping quote.

Oh well a woman waiting by the phone.
AegF


No comments:

Post a Comment